Alpha Course – Our next Alpha course starts on 25 April and finishes on 11 July 2018
The Alpha course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith. It’s relaxed, friendly and fun. It’s a place where people can come, eat a meal together and ask any questions, delve into issues, discuss and look for answers together.
To date, 18 million people have done the Alpha course. There are now over 55,000 courses running worldwide in 166 countries
Alpha is for anyone! People of all ages from teenagers upwards can attend the course. It particularly caters for:
- People interested in finding out what Christianity is all about.
- People who want to find a purpose for their life.
- New Christians, or those who feel they have never got going as a Christian.
Alpha starts with a meal together (vegetarian option available) at 7:15pm followed by listening to a talk on topics such as:
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- Is the Bible relevant today?
- Who or what is the Holy Spirit?
- Does God heal today?
- What is the church about?
This is followed by coffee and time in smaller groups where people can discuss any issues or questions they have, giving them opportunity to get to know each other and learn together. We aim to finish by 9:15pm.
There is a charge of Â£2 towards the cost of the meal each week.
For more information about Alpha, nationally, visit www.uk-england.alpha.org